International day in support of victims of torture, torture's against Tamil’s in SriLanka
[ Friday, 29 June 2012, 01:18.19 PM GMT +05:30 ]
International day in support of victims of torture commemorated on last 26th . On this day every Tamil national need to think about the tortures carried out by the Sinhala national against Tamil people of our country.
1956 June 5th government lead by the S.W.R.D.Bandaranike passed the Sinhala only act in the parliament. Since the act was passed in the parliament Tamil people residing in SriLanka countinously struggle to win their rights in the country.
Various governments have ruled the country in the past. However since the past Tamil people face continues torture in the country.
Tamil National Alliance hold sathyakarga protest against the Sinhala only act at the Gall face green. Group of Sinhala government thugs carried out attack against the protest. Many Tamil people were physically and mentally tortured at the attack.
Since end of this attack number of attacks against Tamil people increased in the country.
1. 1. Galoya murder- This murder began on 11th of June 1956 and continued for five days. 100 of Tamil nations were reported dead.
2. 2.1958 Tamil – Sinhala racist problems. Many Tamil national were reported dead and face torture in the country.
3. 3.1997 genocide revolt against Tamil people.
4. 4.1983 murder at Thirunalweli area in Jaffna district- these murders were carried out by the Army on 25th and 26th of July.
5. 5.1983 black July- Many Tamil people loosed their properties and face physical and mental torture in the country. More than 3000 Tamil national were tortured in this revolt this ends in the Welikada prison murder.
6. 6.15th May 1985 Kumudhini was murdered in Nedunthivu and 33 Tamil national travelled in the boat was also murdered by the Lankan Navy.
7. 7.19th February 1986 – Amparai Udumbankulam murder
8. 8.12th August 1990 Weeramunai murder in the Eastern Province.
Since the beginning of Eelam struggle and end of the struggle many Tamil people were murdered and tortured in SriLanka.
At the last torture against highly reported in year 2009.
Parliamentarian Ravi Karunanayaka of Sri Lanka main opposition United National Party (UNP) said yesterday that the UNP turned down a request from a former terrorist to contest the Northern Provincial Council elections under the party. [More]
The entire world was asking Sri Lanka to give into the terrorists and avoid confrontation with them, but we chose to trust in the strength and courage of the country’s youth, President Mahinda Rajapaksa said. [More]
Deputy leader of the Vavuniya Municipal council M.M.Rathan stated by lighting lamps in the Wellamulliwaikal and Karaiyan Mulliwaikal people paid their respect to civilians killed in the final stage of war in year 2009. [More]
There is little doubt that in 2009 the government of Sri Lanka pulled off one of the nastiest episodes of mass killing since the Rwandan genocide – and got away with it. Tens of thousands of civilians were massacred, with barely a trickle of Syria-like imagery emerging from the battle zone, The Australian reported. [More]